Open source converter for INDD files?

Previous topic - Next topic

vltreude

I am attempting to produce a book thru LightningSource. Have done everything in Scribus but LS gives me a stupid INDD file for the cover template. Will contact LS on Monday to ask for an alternative but don't have high hopes. Is there an open-source alternative to convert this file? Or do I have to submit to Adobe's extortion and sign up for the InCopy service?

vltreude

It gets worse. Apparently Adobe doesn't even open INDD files in incopy. You have to export it as an INDD file.

vltreude

I meant IDML file. Actually InCopy might work with the newest version of INDD file (CS6) but it's difficult to tell from the online propaganda. Hasn't anyone done an open source program to convert this? From Russia perhaps or some other place where the government's not under Big Software's thumb?

utnik

Quote from: vltreude on November 06, 2017, 02:41:58 AM...but LS gives me a stupid INDD file for the cover template. Will contact LS on Monday to ask for an alternative...

in the ls cover template generator chose .pdf instead of inDesign as file type!

utnik

vltreude

There was no option on the link under "tools." Due to your suggestion, I looked again and found a second link that DID have that option.
Last time I actually converted the INDD on a trial of Photoshop, but AFAIK it's all Creative Cloud now.
Thanks!