Colour of Stroke around Image Frame

Previous topic - Next topic

muhammodmasum

I have tried to add a stroke/border as None colour or transparent 100% but failed because None colour of Stroke is not working, please help to solve the issue.

GarryP

Setting the Line Colour to None should remove the outline completely. It should act as a "turn the outline off completely" function. (It's a bit strange to do it this way but that's how it is.)
I've never had any problems with this on any of the stable versions of Scribus. Are you absolutely sure you're setting the Outline colour and not the Fill colour? (Outline colour is set via the brush icon and fill colour is set via the bucket icon in the Colours tab.)
If the problem isn't this simple, please provide a short list of actions that will replicate the problem. Also, please say which version of Scribus are you using and on which OS (with version).

muhammodmasum

Thanks for your help!
There is no Outline and and Fill colour option in the Colours tab of Scribus 1.5.3 (and I'm using this version on Windows 10).
But I have got two option in Transparency tab, May be one is Outline and another is Fill tab, Now I'm using first one with Opacity 0% and it is working fine! 

GarryP

Sorry but I can't help you with 1.5.3. That is developmental software which I don't have installed. Unless you really need the extra - unstable? - functions of 1.5.3 I would recommend using the stable 1.4.6 instead. (One problem you might have with this is you can't read 1.5.3 SLAs with 1.4.6.)

Don't use transparency to make something invisible. Some PDF formats don't allow transparencies and you could have other problems. Use the correct function instead, wherever that is in the experimental UI of 1.5.3. I'm sure someone else can tell you.

utnik

in scribus 1.5.3 the 'bucket' and 'brush' icons are gone – you'll find the words 'fill' and 'stroke' instead, but the function is the same as in 1.4.x.

utnik