Font revisions are ignored

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarGranulation

I've been designing a few extra characters to use in my document, which has taken a few revisions to get everything matched up correctly. Now I have a problem in that Scribus seems to have somehow stored the original version of that font, which was incorrect, and ignores any updated version.

I originally placed the font file in an Additional Path, and have replaced the version there with the latest revision. I've also installed the latest revision on my system, and it works well in other applications.

But Scribus persists in displaying the original, flawed version of the font.

Is there some cache that I could clear, or another explanation?

a.l.e

i'm not aware of a "good" way of doing this.

you can of course delete the scribusfont13.rc and/or the scribus140.rc files that you will find the preferences.

i've opened a ticket for a button that clears the font cache...

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15768

not much hope that this will happen soon, though...

SolarGranulation

Aha, thank you for both the answer and raising that ticket.

At some point I'll have to have a look at the source and see if I can do something about this with my rather rusty skills.

SolarGranulation

Hm, slight problem. I deleted those files and nothing changed. Scribus still displays the obsolete glyphs.

Edit: Okay, my mistake. I had a look through those files and found that it was preferring the obsolete version because I still had it backed up in a subdirectory. I've deleted that backup and now Scribus uses the correct (and only surviving) version.