Frames with transparent border

Previous topic - Next topic

mariog

Hi!
I would like to set a transparent border to my frames. If "none" is set, the border turns black black. How can I do it?
Thank you.

a.l.e

where does it turn black? in scribus?

never seen such an issue...
it should really work

can you share a sample .sla to show us exactly what you are doing?

ciao
a.l.e

mariog

Thank you.
Here the file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mariog

Instead, I found out that in Scribus 1.5.3 there is the possibility on the colours of the area to define the transparent outline. But in 1.4.6 version...

mariog

I solved it on my own! In the "colors" section of the fill, I discovered an icon for the edge (a little hidden).
Thank you.

GarryP

NOTES:
* Transparency - or, to use the term used in Scribus, Opacity (the opposite of Transparency) - should not be used to 'make something invisible', and it should certainly not be used to 'switch something off'. There is always a better way to do this.
* If you want a line or a fill to be invisible then use "None" for its colour.
* If you want an object to be temporarily invisible then move it to a different layer and switch that layer off.
* Transparency/opacity should not be used to make a lighter shade of a colour, the "Shade" setting should be used for this.
* PDF 1.3 does not allow for transparencies so anything with an Opacity of less than 100% will be displayed at full 100% Opacity (see attached sample documents: original SLA, PDF 1.3, PDF 1.4, and PDF 1.5).
* Generally it is best to stay away from the Opacity settings unless you absolutely need to use them and you know what the potential problems could be. Not using them means that you shouldn't have any strange results later on.