problems with faded CMYK color [SOLVED]

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryP

I remember that my boss from many years ago - when I worked in an R&D department - had a supply of those Pantone things. He kept them in a safe!

flomman

I'm just looking at these Pantone bridge books.  Am I correct in thinking that this shows you what the CMYK values will produce when printed?

mnawij

GarryP: Yes I keep my books under lock and key as well :-)

flomman: Yes, the color books give a pretty accurate color on both the gloss and uncoated paper stocks.  Now there are other variables that press operators have to account for such as humidity, temperature, paper texture, running the inks heavy or light, how much water/solution is mixed with the ink, how long the plates are exposed, etc... but a good operator will account for these and match them to the printed proof under daylight bulbs.

Regards,

mnawij

mnawij

flomman, I had one more thought.  You could use Krita for the CMYK conversion and some edits, though this app is for more painting/drawing than editing.  You will at least be able to get an idea of what the color shift to CMYK will be before placing into Scribus and printing.

regards,

mnawij

flomman

Just had a look at Krita — It looks great.  I'll download and have a go.

Hey, thanks for all your help guys.  I'm really looking forward to developing my relationship with Scribus!  So glad this all worked out OK.

flomman

Sorry, do I need to mark this thread as "solved" or something?  How do I do that, I can't find it.

GarryP

Most people don't bother but I think the normal thing for this forum is to just change the title of the thread to include [SOLVED] at the beginning. This might change if the site ever gets a real 21st-Century update: http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,2328.0.html