where to put .icc file on Win10

Previous topic - Next topic

drking

Beginner stuff:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Getting_and_installing_ICC_profiles  says:
To install additional ICC profiles
    On Windows Vista or 7, go to the Windows Control panel > Color management > All Profiles > Add
    On Windows 2000, the correct location is C:\WINNT\System32\spool\drivers\color, and on Windows XP or later C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\color.

erm, my installation of Scribus is on a Win10 PC. Can anyone help? Thanks!

AdmFubar

You should be able to put them where ever you like for scribus.check the preferences/paths in the window that opens you can make a change there.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

drking

Thank you, but I'd found that. There are path options for
Documents
Scripts
Document Templates
with an active 'Change...' button
but the Profiles path 'Change...' button is greyed out (on my Win10 PC) and therefore cannot be clicked. And the path is not shown.

Presumably there is a specific Win10 folder somewhere, undocumented in Scribus currently

Thanks

AdmFubar

On Windows Vista or 7, go to the Windows Control panel > Color management > All Profiles > Add

This  should be the same on win 10..

check here and see if this resolves the issue
https://www.howtogeek.com/318723/how-to-find-and-install-a-color-profile-on-windows-for-a-more-accurate-monitor/
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

drking

Thank you. My worry about following online instructions for adding profiles to Windows has been that I'm adding a profile for Scribus, not for Windows which might start adjusting my monitor colour profiles for all I know. It turns out you can also right-click the icc file and Windows will 'install' it, whatever that means.

What I've actually done is to simply copy the .icc file into
C:/Windows/system32/spool/drivers/color

and Scribus has found it. I guess Win10 might offer it as an option if I ever try to adjust my monitor colours, but I'm hoping that otherwise it is harmless.

Thanks for your help