Border lines

Previous topic - Next topic

m s narayanan

dear all
I am a newbie to scribus 1.5.3
To some extent I am successful in creating a
Newsletter with eight pages.
I want to have a thin border in blue colour on all pages. Also I wish to have text boxes within a rectangle image with border lines.
Your help pl

MSN

GarryP

If you want the same thing to be on a lot of pages then you need to think about using "master pages". You can learn about these in the official tutorial: https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Get_Started_with_Scribus (The tutorial is old but most of it is still relevant.)

I am not sure what you mean by "text boxes within a rectangle image with border lines". If it is difficult to describe then supplying a picture of what you want might be useful.

m s narayanan

dear sir
if i get a text to the main frame, there are no borders surrounding the text. hence i wondered
if i can draw a rectamgle, using tools, and within that rectangle i can insert a text frame.

m s narayanan

GarryP

You can format the outline (border) of a text frame in exactly the same way as you would for a normal shape (a text frame defaults to having both fill and line colours of "None" but you can change them).
You can think of a text frame as a shape that you can also put text in.
You can also format the outline of an image frame in the same way as a shape or text frame.
Unfortunately though, you cannot have an image and text in the same frame.
See: https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Text_over_images for some basic examples of text over images.

utnik

Quote from: GarryP on July 12, 2017, 01:33:25 PM...Unfortunately though, you cannot have an image and text in the same frame.

that's true, but with scribus 1.5.3 you can snap items to each other (,page' → ,snap to items') – so you can insert different frames with the same position and the same dimensions...

utnik

GarryP

Ah, I heard about the new snapping functions a little while back. Stable-version users won't get these until 1.6 but it's nice to know they're on their way.