Vertical Hanging Wall Calendar for MagCloud

Previous topic - Next topic

24Peter

I am creating a vertical (the pages are square) hanging wall calendar for printing with MagCloud. It is laid out with a photo on top for each month and the monthly grid on the bottom. It looks like the MagCloud wire bound square products are set to print left to right like a book. I noticed in the Document Setup for my Scribus document, the default is binding on left. What settings do I use for the calendar I want the binding on top of the bottom page and bottom of the top page. Would I need to rotate the Frames on each page 90 degrees for the correct printing orientation?

And is it a single page or doubled sided setup? Anyone know?

utnik

hi peter

afaik scribus doesn't support top binding.
you have to rotate the whole content 90°

Quote from: 24Peter on November 16, 2017, 07:51:02 AM...is it a single page or doubled sided setup?

double sided – think of it as a normal book (binding on the left, content rotated to the left...)

utnik

24Peter

Quote from: utnik on November 16, 2017, 12:25:43 PM
hi peter

afaik scribus doesn't support top binding.
you have to rotate the whole content 90°

Quote from: 24Peter on November 16, 2017, 07:51:02 AM...is it a single page or doubled sided setup?

double sided – think of it as a normal book (binding on the left, content rotated to the left...)

utnik

Hi utnik - thanks for your reply. You and GarryP are always very helpful. Is there a way to rotate all content in the calendar to the left at once? I'm familiar with selecting all items on a page using Shift> select, but am wondering how I would select and rotate all document content at once. Thanks again.

utnik

hi peter

Quote from: 24Peter on November 16, 2017, 06:03:37 PMbut am wondering how I would select and rotate all document content at once.

afaik you can't.
but depending on the look of your final spreads, you might like to see the open calendar while working on it anyway.

if it's a bit more complex than an image at the top page and the calendar tables at the bottom one, i would probably work with a single page layout in the size of the open calendar (one final calendar spread is a single page of the working file), export it as an intermediate .pdf file and rotate it with a tool like jpdftweak.
the rotated file could then be placed in image frames spread over the double pages of a second scribus document (double pages with the final page size, binding on the left side for the rotated content...)

but in fact, i neither know what your calendar should look like, nor what magCloud asks for.

...it might be a good idea to file a feature request for a top binding option...

utnik