Baffled: old files won't open

Previous topic - Next topic

apbschmitz

I'm stymied. On a MacBook Air running El Capitan I have a series of files for the 12-page tabloid newspaper we publish every two months. I tried to open a number of the old files today using Scribus version 1.4.6, which has worked smoothly for the past year. Today none of the old files will open. The properties window comes up, and I get a spinning wheel that starts in color and then changes to two shades of blue. After a while it stops and except for the Properties window, there's nothing. If I click/hold on the Scribus icon in the app bar, and then select Show All Windows, the first page of the document will display. But if I try to move to the next page, the document disappears. If I go up to Window in the menu bar, and select the file I'm trying to open, I get the message "The document is already in use. You'll be switched into its window now." But if I select OK in this dialogue box, I go back to an empty screen with the Properties window displayed. Nothing changes after restarting, or after reinstalling Scribus, or after closing all other apps. Ideas?

apbschmitz