Has my trim line moved?

Previous topic - Next topic

LesCM19

It started looking like my text frames on left pages were snapping to the grid too close to the gutter and then I noticed the trim line for left pages is actually over the gutter line (unless I'm seeing it wrong). I don't remember it always being like this.

If I open the template I started with from One Book Shelf, the trim lines go right up to the gutter on normal left & right pages but the trim line of the first right page of the template does go up to the  and also my document setup properties are also the same as the template.

(See screenshot with the 1st normal left page selected and the corner of the 1st right page when that is selected)
I recently added a separate layers for the background & text. Is it my page display that's been changed or should I start again?  :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]
cheers

Les

GarryP

Without getting too far into the issue, if you have used bleeds then it's probable that you will need to change the distance between your pages.

Go to "File -> Document Setup / Display" and change the "Gap Between Pages / Horizontal" setting to be the sum of whatever your left and right bleed values are (or greater if you need a bigger gap for whatever reason).

That should get things looking right.

LesCM19

Quote from: GarryP on May 02, 2017, 11:11:57 AM
...it's probable that you will need to change the distance between your pages.

Go to "File -> Document Setup / Display" and change the "Gap Between Pages / Horizontal" setting to be the sum of whatever your left and right bleed values are (or greater if you need a bigger gap for whatever reason)

Thanks Garry, now it looks better. I just hope it's still going to have the right page setup when it hits the publisher's desk as I had to change the inside bleed to 0.125in, as per that for the outside, top & bottom bleeds (it was 0.000in on their template.
cheers

Les

GarryP

You're welcome Les.

I don't use bleeds or get things printed so I don't really know what effects(s) changing the gap between pages has on the final product but it would make sense to me that Scribus should export what you can see so that if what you can see on-screen looks right then what is exported should be right.

The amount of bleed depends on the printing process and print shop - as far as I know - so it should be changeable regardless of what's on the page, as long as you account for the change.

Maybe an expert in this area can give more information if I've not given a full account of what happens.