Printing double sided via PDF without binding

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianLucas

I want to print my document double sided via a PDF file but without any binding ie document centred on the page.  The save as PDF dialog allows specification of left binding or right binding.  How do I have no binding or set the binding amount to zero?

utnik

hi adrian

scribus doesn't add something like a 'binding amount' (whatever this should be...) – did you try to export a .pdf file? (if you did, what went wrong?)

utnik

AdrianLucas

I made a Scribus document of two pages with 20mm margins left and right.  I exported to a PDF file and printed the PDF file.  When printed single sided, both pages had left margin of 20mm and a right margin of 24mm.  When printed double sided, page 1 had a left margin of 24mm and a right margin of 20mm while page 2 had a left margin of 20mm and a right margin of 24mm.  I thought this was something to do with Scribus binding as the PDF export dialog asks you to specify right binding or left binding  but further experiments show that a similar effect happens printing directly from Pages.  So I'm not sure now why my document is not printing centred on the page which is what I want.