enlarged text paralyzes scribus

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

I made a font character very large but, somehow it became the default for scribus   and I am unable to get out of a new document because of it; I can't accomplish anything because I am now unable to click on anything.  The only way I can stop the program is with the CTRL ALT  DEL.  When I restart Scribus, the huge characters are there again.  I reinstalled Scribus and the problem was there.  (I have Scribus 1.4.6 in  Windows 10 on HP Pavilion laptop) Solution?
Guillaume

a.l.e

you can reset the default font in

file > preferences > tools > text ...

and for the current file in

file > document setup > tools > text

does it work?

but i've never heard of huge text leading to performance problems...

Guillaume

As I have said, am unable to click on anything; the menus are so huge, clicking on FILE to get to PREFERENCES  for example shows nothing, there is no response, nothing shows up under it.  I had done a big letter A but it became a default.  The menu line became so long because of the big size that it took several horizontal scroll to see the right end.  There must be a way  like, where go a user's unsaved records in  Scribus. I even did an uninstall followed by a new install but even then the problem reappeared!...
Guillaume

a.l.e

ah, the UI is huge...

funny...

you can try to delete the

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Scribus

directory... if it exists and then start scribus...

i cannot test since... well, i don't have windows... that kind of windows... you know what i mean...

Guillaume

That did !  Relief... What years of experience can do to a helpful man.  Thank you!!
Guillaume

a.l.e