Legibility issues

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightgaun7

Experiencing two issues with layout when I attempt to export to .pdf

The first image (CollatedPDF2) shows what the file is supposed to look like, and does for most people. The text with the pink box around it is actually an embedded pdf which I used so that text would be searchable. Some, however, are having issues with the text in that area, as seen in the second picture (washedouttext). I know it's possible to convert the text to an image and insert it that way but it would be preferable to have it as text to keep it searchable.

The other issue is that some people are seeing all of the text on the left page, as well as in other parts of the book, as a mess of other symbols (see randomgibberish).

Any suggestions on how to deal with these issues?

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi nightgaun

as we neither know how you export your .pdf file, nor what .pdf readers are used when the problems show up, it's hard to tell what went wrong. (with a .pdf file i could at least check if i find something unusual...)

utnik

Nightgaun7

Utnik;

Two people experienced blurry text, one using Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.08 on Windows XP and the other using Moon+ Reader Pro 3.1 on Android. Moon+ guy said it also crashed his pdf reader on the Juzumaru, Dragonfly, Knight, Geist, and Veles pages.

Unfortunately I don't know what the guy who got the total gibberish was using.

I attached the file the PDF they were all looking at was from; I don't now recall the exact settings I used to export it. The PDF itself is 15 MB, so I can't attach it.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi nightgaun

according to the export settings in 'document setup' you render your placed .pdf files as images. to change this you have to check 'embed .pdf & .eps files' in the export window. as long as your placed .pdf files are just black and white (like the text file you mentioned), you shouldn't care about this function marked as 'experimental' – it's just just a warning becouse the pllaced files won't be processed by the color management.

i dont have any of your placed .pdf files or the used fonts, so i can't run some tests about your issues...

utnik

Nightgaun7

I don't believe that I rendered them as images, because when I made the PDF I was able to search the text, select it, etc.

I'd be happy to provide all the stuff that went into it, just let me know what the best way to do so is.

Thanks

utnik

hi nightgaun
Quote from: Nightgaun7 on March 12, 2017, 02:18:07 PM
I don't believe that I rendered them as images...

that's just what happens if i export it without changing any settings – but you may have controlled and corrected everything in your export...
QuoteI'd be happy to provide all the stuff that went into it, just let me know what the best way to do so is.

first use 'file' → 'collect for output' (include the fonts), then you can compress the whole directory, upload it to any file hoster of your confidence (i use normally dropbox.com) and send me a link to it (either in a forum post or in a pm, if you don't like to spread it too wide...)

utnik