Can I right-align the text after a tab?

Previous topic - Next topic

philippe.lavoie

After solving my little index creation problem, I hit a little visual problem. The output is

Chicken..............5, 6
Beef...................7

Is it possible to style the paragraph so that the information after the tab is right aligned ?  i.e. get something like

Chicken...........5, 6
Beef...................7

Thanks for any leads

PS I did try setting 'right' in the tabulator and the result is confusing...

a.l.e

hi philippe

yes, you can set right in the tabulator (or right click on the tabulator when you're editing it for a single paragraph) and it should work.

what is the confusing result you get?

utnik

hi philippe

what are your confusing results?
if the right tabulator doesn't work anymore as soon as you set a fill character, i suspect you're using scribus 1.5.3, but not a recent version.
there was a bug with righthand tabs and fill characters – but it has been solved a couple of weeks ago. (if my assumption is correct, just use a more recent dev. version or the stableone...)

utnik

philippe.lavoie

I added more lines to my little test and I see that the right tab works, but not on the first line. On the first line, things are odd (to say the least). I'm including the image as an attachment (Not sure how to embed it)

The text used in this test is the following

Banane 3, 4
Plantain 3
Beef 8
Chicken 9,10

PS: I'm using 1.4.6

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi philippe

this looks very strange!
could you share an .sla file?

utnik

philippe.lavoie

Sure, here is the SLA. The Index is (obviously) at the end. I hope you don't mind the french content :)  I'm trying to build a template for a recipe book. The index is built by applying a script (you can see that script in another thread in this forum)

It looks like there is a problem with something in my file since when I tried to re-create the problem from scratch I couldn't reproduce it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi philippe

thanks for the file – i ran some experiments:

• the problem exists with scribus 1.4.4, 1.4.6 and 1.5.2, but not with 1.5.3_r21738 (the newest dev.version i have...)
  • the misalignment happens only when 'maximum ascent' is selected for the first line offset (you should never use this setting anyway – even if it's the default setting!)
i think, you should file a bug report on bugs.scribus.net...

utnik

philippe.lavoie

Thanks for the findings!

I don't think I'll raise the bug since it requires yet another login and now I have a work-around :)