Font Viewing

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbow

Starting to use this software now. First Query - I want to change fonts on the fly, that is flick through different fonts to see how my text will look so I can choose one. I couldn't see how to do this. I had to select the text box, right click in it, choose edit text, then select the text then select the font blind without a preview then find the green tick hidden somewhere in the top left of the edit window, then I could see the font changed, and then I had to start all over again to see the next font. That cannot be the smart way to do it I am sure. Can someone tell me where the on-the-fly font viewer and selector is hidden?

Thanks,

Timbo

John_Jason_Jordan

Quote from: Timbow on September 27, 2011, 06:35:48 PMCan someone tell me where the on-the-fly font viewer and selector is hidden?

Scribus does not have this functionality. However, there is a script which will create a document displaying all your installed fonts, which can be printed if you want a hard copy. You can use this as a reference.

You will also find that word processors do have the option to display fonts in the selection box, so that is what I would recommend. Scribus is a layout program, not a word processor. The idea is that you create graphics in drawing and paint programs, text in a word processor, and assemble them in Scribus.

You didn't say what version of Scribus you are using or what your operating system is. Sometimes that is useful information for troubleshooting, so please include it in future posts. And, although it will not add the functionality you desire, I would recommend 1.4.0 RC5, which is still just a "Release Candidate" but is what most everyone is using now for production. It is very close to release.
Linguistics on Linux!

Timbow

Blimey that's a suprise, but thanks anyway. It might not be too much of a problem for me.

Meho R.

And, I'd like to add, there is a useful "Font Preview" in "Extras" menu which you can use for visualizations (Scribus 1.4.0.rc5).

Timbow

Quote from: Meho R. on September 28, 2011, 06:47:33 AM
.... "Font Preview" in "Extras" menu which you can use ......

Excellent. that does the job nicely, thanks. I knew there had to be an answer.

Tim W

Wena

Thank you Meho R. I had seen it some where but couldn't find it, so you have answered my question.

Wena