Spanning image 2 pages - A4 Preview -> A3 booklet print

Previous topic - Next topic

suberimakuri

Hello,

Really enjoy using Scribus for brochures, CMYK pdf conversion from inkscape for cards, etc.
I have just searched through the forum and found some similar setups but no answers to my particularly issue.
Numbers inserted just for easy reference.

Current setup:

1) Brochure in Scribus as A4 portrait layout, image on page 2 spans onto page 3, save as A4 PDF and when view on screen it is fine.
2) Print via Chrome on Windows - advanced print - landscape A3 in booklet format, page 1 on front, 2&3 inside, 4 on back. Fold landscape A3 in half. All good.

Problem:

3) It inserts a printer margin on the inside pages and so my spanned image spans but has a ~5mm gap at the fold. I believe the printer or software is applying a margin to page #2 and 3?

Current Solution:

4) Maintain two files, A4 for sending by email, online viewing, etc and A3 for printing.

Question:

5) Is it possible to just work with the one A4 file and somehow create an A3 booklet/print ready pdf from Scribus?
6) The fourth page varies (up to 10 different pages) as I create multiple PDF's and select which page to use as #4 when export to PDF.

Any suggestions much appreciated, by no means an expert so likely to have margin/bleed/something in the wrong place too.
Thanks again.

UPDATE: I think I need to look at imposition. Just learned about it via another thread. Will investigate.
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/PDF,_PostScript_and_Imposition_tools

utnik

hi suberimakuri

i use jpdftweak for basic impositioning.
but if you have some bleeds on the inside edges of your pages, i expect this gap again. (in most cases you don't need bleeds between the pages...)

utnik

suberimakuri

Thanks very much, found that in another thread you posted in. Will give it a whirl.