How to ask questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Some simple rules specific to Scribus forums.

• First of all - there are several Scribus versions in use on several operating systems. Unless you explicitly say what Scribus version (e.g. 1.4.0rc1) and what operating system (Windows 7, Fedora Linux 14 Desktop, Ubuntu Maverick, etc.) you have it could be very difficult for the rest of us to troubleshoot  your problem.

• Try to find an answer by searching the the forum and the mailing list archives by using "lists.scribus.info" in the Google site specific search form.
  • Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
  • Try to find an answer by reading Scribus Help or one of the excellent printed books.
  • Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
  • Try to find an answer by searching the Scribus Wiki.
  • Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
  • If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

• For an exhaustive read on how to ask really good questions that might bring you answers faster read the venerable How to Ask Smart Questions by ESR

Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.

pixeldust

scribus, I just wanted to let you know that your links aren't working.  ;)

Admin

Quote from: pixeldust on March 12, 2011, 01:44:09 AM
scribus, I just wanted to let you know that your links aren't working.  ;)

Thank you. Links are fixed.
Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.

Boe

It'd be great to know how to post a new question. Can't find instructions for posting a new topic.

Boe

Quote from: Boe on March 29, 2014, 02:33:08 PM
It'd be great to know how to post a new question. Can't find instructions for posting a new topic.

Ok, just noticed the 'New Topic' button at the bottom of the "Announcements and Forum Rules" page.

Nermander

The New topic button is (at least for me) present at the top of every forum category page.

Petro

> Try to find an answer by searching the the forum and the mailing list archives by using "lists.scribus.info" in the Google site specific search form.

FYI, that Google Product is being shut down and doesn't seem to behave properly.

Edited to add:

You can get similar functionality by putting "site:lists.scribus.net" in the google search box followed by search terms. e.g. "site:lists.scribus.net Can't select line"

Which didn't help me.