Change path of images: it is possible?

Previous topic - Next topic

gdecarli

Hello,

I'm working with Scribus 1.3.3.14 on two different computer (one with WinXP and one with Windows 7) and possibly I have to work on the same document on both computers. As my LAN is very slow (I'm at home and I don't want to improve it) I use a USB pen drive to copy and paste all files from one PC to another one. This is OK.

The problem is that path of images changes from one PC to the others.

On the first PC, my images are loaded from G:\PHOTOS\... while on the second one I have the same files (as I copied and pasted all of them) but in D:\PHOTOS\...

Of course I could change all photos by editing one by one, but I would take too much time.
Is there an easy way to edit path of all images or should I map D:\ drive as G:\?

Thank you and best regards

Ciao,
Guido

utnik

hello guido

on my system (mac os 10.6.8 / scribus 1.4.0rc5) the images are linked with relative paths. this means, as long as i copy a folder with the scribus document and all the linked files, everything should work well...

by the way: do you a favour and switch to scribus 1.4.0rc5 – it is as stable as the old 1.3.3.14 and ways better...

utnik

a.l.e

ciao guido,

on windows, the easiest way to do it, is to remap the drives' letters so that they match on both system.

there are other things you can do, but this is certainly the easiest way to do it.
(sadly, scribus is not ready for sharing files among computers)

ciao
a.l.e

gdecarli

Hello,

thank you for your replies (and sorry for my delay, this week I have been without connection).
Ok for remaping drivers' letters, I have already done for other things (nothing about Scribus). Relative paths would be much better, but is it possible to do is on Windows as well?

Thank you and best regards!

Ciao,
Guido