1.5.2 Branch - issues with PDF multipages and qtpainter

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielsan

Hello, I am not pretty sure if this is the right place... However I did a quick search and I didn't find this bug anywhere...

This is my system:

Debian Testing/Sid
Kernel 4.8.0-2-amd64
Scribus 1.5.2 from Experimental repo
GPU Nvidia/Nvidia Driver

I am doing my wife's portfolio (she's an architect) so I have a plenty of pdf sheets to import into, every project is composed by several pages and we need to place many of this pages for each pdf. Unfortunately the selector's pages on the control panel doesn't work, you can select only auto or the first page. This is what I got when I opened the file from the terminal:

QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted

I could open a bug on Debian if you have to suggest me a better tracing, thanks!

a.l.e

ciao danielsan

last time i've tried, selecting pages from a pdf did work correctly.

are you trying to load them in image frames?

also, i don't think that the messages you get on the terminal are related to this issue.

can you share one of the pdfs? or a sample pdf that does not work on your side?

ciao
a.l.e

Danielsan

Hi Ale,

regarding your question:

1) the pdf is inside a frame image.
2) The messages from the terminal are in someways related with the issue basically because it happens when I try to change the pages.
3) I can't provide this PDF in object but I am pretty sure I can replicate this issue with another one.

I'll let you know, thanks!

a.l.e

2/ ok, it can be the preview done by Qt that is failing... but that's strange...
3/ yes, please, provide a sample PDF!

Danielsan

Actually you were right, I used a test PDF and it worked properly. I tried to reprint the pdf through "print to file" with Evince and now the page are selectable again, I was mislead by the fact this PDF worked fine inDesign... Better, no bugs to fix!  ;D