Properties box has gone

Previous topic - Next topic

GlorP

Hi,
I guess I did something wrong. Anyhow the properties box has gone, no way to make it visible again. Someone a clue...

utnik

hi glorP

f2 doesn't work?
what's your operating system and scribus version?

the position of the properties palette could be outside of the display area. under macOS thies position is defined under 'user' → 'library' → 'preferences' → 'scribus' → 'prefs140.xml' or 'prefs150.xml' (depending on your scribus version) – other operating systems will have something similar to store application preferencies...

change the top and left position to something around 20 to start with, then the palette should be in the visible range...

utnik

GarryP

For Windows users the same preferences file(s) can be found in <username>\AppData\Roaming\Scribus

Also on Windows, if you think a window has gone off-screen you can try and get it back by pressing Alt+Space, then M, then any arrow key, then dragging the mouse (without clicking). The required window must have focus - be the currently selected window - before you try this so it can be tricky sometimes (if it's off the screen, how do you know it has focus?). It's worth trying a few times before editing the preference file.

JohnB47

A few years ago, using a completely different program, I had the problem of a dialogue slipping down so that the top was hidden just below the task bar.

If you're using windows, right click on the task bar and untick 'lock the taskbar'. Then click and drag the task bar to, say, the right hand side of the screen. You might just see the top of the dialogue and be able to drag it up.

GlorP

Quote from: GarryP on January 05, 2017, 10:57:19 AM
For Windows users the same preferences file(s) can be found in <username>\AppData\Roaming\Scribus

Also on Windows, if you think a window has gone off-screen you can try and get it back by pressing Alt+Space, then M, then any arrow key, then dragging the mouse (without clicking). The required window must have focus - be the currently selected window - before you try this so it can be tricky sometimes (if it's off the screen, how do you know it has focus?). It's worth trying a few times before editing the preference file.

Thank you very much! It worked modifying the file you mentioned!

eunsuk

Had this same issue - working on a Surface Pro 6, running latest version of Windows as of 10/6/2019. Unlocking my taskbar and dragging it to the right side of my screen worked, but only for the instance of Scribus I had open. Had to repeat it for different windows. Still, glad to find a fix.

Thanks for the help. Alt-space m didn't do much for me.