Help with Wiki tutorial

Previous topic - Next topic

mikewooz

Hello everyone.  I am working the Wiki tutorial and got up to this point and I'm now stumped.  I had just completed chapter 5 and decided to go back and play around (at least attempt to) with the shapes (masthead, submasthead and the other 2) to make sure I had grasped the concepts.  Unfortunately, I cannot 'select' the image nor any of the shapes.  I remember locking them down per the tutorial, but cannot figure out how to unlock them.  Also, I don't remember locking down the image.  Long story short, the selection tool is not allowing me to select the shapes placed on the background layer... even with 'that' layer selected and the text layer hidden. 

Any advice on what I am potentially doing wrong? 

Thank you.

Mike

CGood

Hi mikewooz,

Welcome!

At least in my version 1.5.1, the layers dialog allows me to lock down individual layers.  Hit F6, or Windows>Layers, and verify that your background material is not locked. If you are working with layers, it would be easy to tick that box accidentally.

See the image of the layers dialog at  scribus.net/svn/Scribus/trunk/Scribus/doc/en/layers.html and note the column of checkboxes under the image of the lock. Anything you want to manipulate needs to be unlocked.

Can you report back in with results, and if you are still having trouble unlocking elements, your computer's OS and what version of Scribus you are running?

Best!

mikewooz

CGood, I cannot be certain what happened but the layers were not locked.  There were a couple stray shapes floating on the page that I deleted and for now the issue that I had is no longer an issue  :)   I appreciate you offering your assistance as I am trying to pick up the skills to build some business related material.

Thanks again  :D

Best,
Mike

CGood