Paragraph/character styles crash

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyrh

Hi, I have a signal 6 when trying to create a new paragraph or character style with 1.5.2.
This happens on a new empty document, just go Edit->Styles-New->Paragraph Styles and it crashes.
Running Debian testing, installed from repos (apt install scribus-ng).
Console output points to a failed assert in scribus/ui/smcstylewidget.cpp
I'm pretty new to Scribus, should I open a bug report?

a.l.e

can you try to let scribus recreate its configuration files?

$ mv ~/.scribus ~/scribusrc~

(if the directory scribusrc~ does not exist in your home!)
(don't blindly type the commands in this post: it's about renaming the hidden scribus preferences in your home to a temporary name and -- eventually -- renambe back the original directory)

if if it then works and you don't miss (much) of the previous settings than keep on working...

if it does not work, you can revert back to your previous settings

$ rm -rf ~/scribusrc~
$ mv ~/scribusrc~ ~/.scribus

tonyrh

Thanks for you reply!
I tried deleting the pref folder but I still get the crash. Creating a new table/cell/line style seems to work fine, paragraph and character styles lead to a crash.
I've attached the console log as a text file, I don't think those lines about missing icons are much of a problem right?

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

i looks like a problem with the language installed...
strange...

when you delete the prefs, do you get an error on new files?

which language are you using?

tonyrh

Quote from: a.l.e on October 31, 2016, 11:17:37 AM

do you mean when creating a new file? no I don't get an error when creating a new file, the crash occurs as soon as I try to create a new style

which language are you using?

I'm italian but on this machine I've setup Gnome to use English, keyboard layout is Italian though:

$ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

I'm happy to provide more info to solve this issue but I don't know what you need.
Thanks again!

a.l.e

Quote from: tonyrh on November 01, 2016, 11:21:51 AM
Quote from: a.l.e on October 31, 2016, 11:17:37 AM

do you mean when creating a new file? no I don't get an error when creating a new file, the crash occurs as soon as I try to create a new style

the question was:

do you get the crash when creating a new style in a new file (created after removing the preferences)? : - )
or only in documents that have already been created?

tonyrh

Ah ok, sorry...
The crash occurs on newly created files as well on already existing files. (I took care of deleting ~/.scribus every time)
Thanks again.