need help shaping text

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkB

hey all i am new to this so please give me some leeway... i dont know what i am doing so its hard for me to search the forums so this may have already been answered somewhere, if so can you point me to the tutorial.

I am trying to make text that will take the shape of an object.  I took my image and traced a polygon from it and converted the poly to a text box.

now when i add text the text appears in it but i dont understand how to get the text to flow out to completely fill the entire shape bound by the poly lines. I have attached an image of what i have been able to do so far

it seems to only want to put letters in certain places which isnt what i want at all, i want to do something more akin to this first picture but also kinda the second:

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

Welcome to the forum MarkB.

While Scribus has some nice text and vector tools, what you're trying to achieve isn't really possible using Scribus without a lot of difficult manual work.

I would suggest using Inkscape instead and then importing the resultant SVG into Scribus when it's done. Try searching for "inkscape fit text in shape"; you'll get lots of suggestions.

Sorry this isn't much help but Scribus is a page layout application that has some graphical tools rather than it being a vector art application.

Zyphon

The YouTube tutorial in the link below. Might help point you in the right direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKbFEMp6-A
Kind regards,

Michael