Text splitting after image

Previous topic - Next topic

itsajungle

Hi,
This is a weird one! In Scribus 1.5 I've got a load of text; when I include an image, and have the text flow around the image, the text is only including a few characters on the line below, before starting a new line. This doesn't happen if I remove the image (see two screen shots). Any ideas why this is happening, and what I can do to solve it? In the first, the word "Rapidement" has been split after the letter p, if I remove the image (second screen shot) it's fine.

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

This looks very similar to something recently discussed (I don't know if it was here or the mailing list), if I recall correct this is a problem with the first line offset of the frame.

itsajungle

Thanks. Any ideas as to how to go about fixing it?

Nermander

Try changing the first line offset?

You can choose between:
Maximum Ascent
Font Ascent
Line Spacing
Baseline Grid

It seems as if Maximum Ascent is the default, I'm not sure that is the best default. Most users would probably expect Line Spacing or Baseline Grid.

itsajungle

Brilliant, that did it! Thanks for the help.

It looks like I can only change this frame by frame, am I right?

A

Nermander

Yes, there is a bug report for that (found it when I tried to google for info on the issue), there were discussions if this should be part of the paragraph style or if it should wait until we get frame styles.

Not sure if a default can be set in the document preferences.