PDF export produces black squares

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinchart

Hi!
I'm beginning a new book. But when I export in PDF, Scribus adds, inside the text pages, two pages with a black rectangle and a black line on it.
I don't see anythin in the texte that couls produce that.
Any idea ?
I enclose the files. It's only a few pages to test the template for Createspace. The quality of the file has been lowered to be able to sent it and I cut pages before and after the problem.

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

salut pichart,

with os x' prview, i don't see the black rectangle and black line in the attached pdf...

with acrobat reader i see unusual things but they could be normal, as i tend not to use acrobat and i don't know exactly how it should behave...

in the .sla you have a filled text frame on top of an empty one... but, at first sight, i don't see anything that should produce a black rectangle the line...

where should they be?

ciao
a.l.e

Pinchart

Here is a screen copy.

a.l.e

the pdf (and probably also the .sla) you attaching do not match what is in the screenshot.

... and i still don't see any black rectangles. not with preview, nor with acrobat reader...

GarryP

Pnichart, to use an analogy: It's very difficult for a mechanic to tell what's wrong with your car if you take a different car to their garage.

Having said that, loading the first-attached PDF into Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 10 I see what's in the Capture.jpg attached image. And generating a new PDF - after font substitution - from your first-attached SLA I see what's in the Capture2.jpg attached image.

Both images show that something isn't quite right but I'm not sure what. I've a feeling that it's something to do with automatic text frames. You have used automatic text frames but you're putting your text in other frames. That's not good practice. I think they might be interfering with each other somehow.

Try creating a new document without automatic text frames and see if you get better results.

Laser

Hi!

At least at Garry's images you can see editable forms.
Perhaps your viewer just shows these wrong.

Regards
Laser