Question about master pages

Previous topic - Next topic

JDFranks

Good morning all! New to Scribus but have some experience with Quark Xpress and InDesign several years ago.

I have created a document with a basic master page that has a text box. When I click on one of my pages and apply the Master Page, I do not get a text box. I have gone back to the Master Page and the text box is there. Any suggestions?

utnik

hi JDFranks

master page objects aren't editable on individual document pages!
there are different ways to generate similar text frames on different pages:

• select automatic text frames on all pages (check box in the 'new document' window – no way to insert them later)
  • insert guides and insert your text boxes (with shift + click the box will fill the space between the gudes.)
  • insert a textbox on one page and send it to the scrapbook (by right click or 'item' → 'send to scrapbook')
utnik

JDFranks

GarryP

JDFranks, the easiest way to think about Master Pages is as "page backgrounds". They're not really much more than that, although you can also use them to apply the same guides to different pages.

It's also worth noting that layers are applied to master pages then to the "normal" pages on top of them, so they're not interleaved between the two.