Little glitches

Previous topic - Next topic

Ged

I thought that, as I start regularly using Scribus, if I notice little things, I would let the forum know.  I'm not criticizing - just offering feedback.   ;D

Magnify tool
When using the magnify tool and scrollbars together, I expected the magnify tool to toggle back to a pointer on 'mouseover.'  I felt reticent to click the scroll bars in case the screen suddenly magnified when what I really wanted was to scroll.  As it happens, it scrolls correctly, but it would feel more 'assuring' if it switched to a pointer when scrolling.
My first 'puter was a 286,
My first dtp was Aldus Pagemaker,
My first printer was a Little Squirt,
My first car was a motorbike.

a.l.e

hey ged

i've opened a ticket for it...

ciao
a.l.e

Ged

Thanks.   :)  Ive got a few more but I dont want to sound like a complainer.

Im beginning to do some serious work on Scribus, so if I bump into things, I'll come back here.

a.l.e

you're welcome!

most of the things people bump into are well known (and will be fixed at some time in the future :-)... but some are new and people who already have been using scribus for some time don't even notice... like the one you posted here!

have a wonderful day
a.l.e

Ged

Changing font style in Story Editor

In in Story Editor, I select a sentence to change it from 'Times New Roman Regular' to 'Times New Roman Italic' however, it never changes on the first attempt; it always takes two attempts before the style actually registers as commanded.  (I have only experimented with TNR font and I have only experimented with regular to italic.)

GarryP

Strange. I've just tried this on Scribus 1.4.6 (Windows 10 64-bit) and the font changed from TNRR to TNRI just fine. If you could write down a step-by-step process that always gives you the same erroneous result - and can easily be replicated exactly - then it can probably be tested more fully.

P.S. The Story Editor isn't the best place to change formatting. It's generally recommended to apply formatting using the inline editing mode (and also to use character/paragraph styles).