Resizing a vector causes it to have a huge boundary

Previous topic - Next topic

nathbeadle

Putting together some year-end reports and I have a whole bunch of logos from various customers. I have cleaned them up, simplified the nodes, and everything else in Inkscape and saved them all as Basic SVG files.

All of them import into Scribus without issue. My problem happens when I try to resize one of them, all the rest work as expected. The one logo scales smaller (either by dragging the handles or by entering a value in the Properties dialogue) but immediately it becomes surrounded by a red bounding box that is 3 times the size of the vector image. If I try to resize after that moment it's resizing the boundary box with the vector in it.

Anyone have any clue as to why this is happening and what I can do to not run into this issue?

Thanks! - Scribus 1.4.6 on Win 7

utnik

hi nathbeadle

Quote from: nathbeadle on February 03, 2016, 10:59:20 PM...Anyone have any clue as to why this is happening and what I can do to not run into this issue?

maybe if i can see the file – but it's hard to give some useful suggestions in the dark...

utnik

nathbeadle

I was playing with it a bit more and found out that if I resized the vector in small increments I could sneak up on it or trick it into letting me resize it... I went from 1.8" tall to 1.68" and then to 1.55" and then to 1.42" etc.

If I resize it by a larger increment or drag the handles and resize it down to where I want it, well you can see what happens!

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi nathbeadle

without the file (.sla and .svg) i don't know exactly what happens here.

utnik

nathbeadle

File attached.. sorry about that. I had quickly skimmed the allowed file types and didn't see .sla, which I thought was weird for a Scribus forum!

After a little more playing around I've discovered that after I import the SVG, if I move the file then resizing works.. or at least it has worked so far. If I just import and then try to resize it smaller I get the massive red boundary issue.

I'll be interested to know if you opening the file and resizing right away produces the same problem or not.

Thanks for investing in this issue, really appreciate it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

on my computer, resizing right away is not a problem in 1.4.5 and in 1.5.0svn...

utnik

Quote from: a.l.e on February 04, 2016, 05:52:29 PM
on my computer, resizing right away is not a problem in 1.4.5 and in 1.5.0svn...

the same here with 1.4.6 and 1.5.0 on macOS.

nathbeadle

Thanks guys, appreciate your time!

Obviously there is some tiny bug somewhere but now that I know everything will work with this vector graphic if I just move it first I can live... really looking forward to moving to 1.5 soon!

Cheers!