Scribus Generator hanging - Logging system problem

Previous topic - Next topic

alanr1138

I'm trying to use Scribus Generator to add addresses to a newsletter and have been working my way through error messages (Tk not compiled into Python, etc.) but now it's just hanging when I tell it to generate.

The script is in my user directory and permissions seem OK, user has read/write to directory and files.

Scribus 1.5.2.svn
Python 2.7.10 (3.4.3 is also installed and is the system default)
Gentoo Linux

It seems like it may not be parsing logging.conf but I don't do Python, so I'll leave it to the experts. By running Scribus via console and running the script, I get this error message:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                       
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1536, in __call__                                 
    return self.func(*args)                                                                             
  File "/home/alan/Downloads/ScribusGenerator-master/ScribusGenerator.py", line 147, in buttonOkHandler 
    generator = ScribusGenerator(dataObject)                                                             
  File "/home/alan/Downloads/ScribusGenerator-master/ScribusGeneratorBackend.py", line 56, in __init__   
    logging.config.fileConfig("logging.conf")                                                           
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/logging/config.py", line 77, in fileConfig                                 
    formatters = _create_formatters(cp)                                                                 
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/logging/config.py", line 113, in _create_formatters                         
    flist = cp.get("formatters", "keys")                                                                 
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 607, in get                                         
    raise NoSectionError(section)                                                                       
NoSectionError: No section: 'formatters'

berteh

Hello Alan.

Sorry to read it does not work out of the box for you. Let's find a fix for this at https://github.com/berteh/ScribusGenerator/issues/42.

Berteh.