[Solved] Images getting cropped on PDF export

Previous topic - Next topic

alanr1138

I include tabular data in a newsletter by creating tables in LibreOffice, selecting the cells and cutting and pasting directly into Scribus. This has been working fine with small tables. This time the tables are a little wider and are getting cut off on the right hand side when I export to PDF. This occurs whether I "Export to PDF" or "Print to file" via CUPS. If I export to EPS they do not get cropped  so it seems like a PDF generation issue.

Scribus 1.5.0 on Gentoo Linux

First image is what I see in Scribus, second image is from the PDF.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kunda

What OS, OS version, and Scribus version are you running ?

EDIT: oh, nvm. just saw

Nermander

Since it occurs both during print and PDF export my first take would be to check page size settings.

Does it only affect images? If you put a text frame (filled with text) with the same width just below the image, does the text frame get cropped too?

Is the image bitmap or PDF/EPS? If it is PDF/EPS, it might be ghostscript rasterization that crops it for some reason.

alanr1138

It is only affecting these particular images but it's doing it to five out of five of them. In fact, there is a full page width image right above them that is unaffected. Text frames are likewise OK.

Page size is US Letter. They print to my printer with no problem. The same pages exported to EPS looks perfect, just the way I would expect the PDF to look.

I'm actually not quite sure what kind of image it is. It's not even in an image frame. As I said, I highlight the cells I want in LibreOffice, Ctrl+P, click into Scribus to give it focus, Ctrl+V, it appears in the middle of the workspace, and I drag it into position and size it by dragging the handles. I get a nice crisp image with no fuzz like a raster, so I was assuming it's some kind of vector graphic. When one's highlighted, the only feature not greyed out in the Properties window is "Group", none of he image attributes are available.

I have a smaller (narrower) one in the same document (bottom of page 5) that isn't getting cropped.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

This would mean you are pasting vector objects into the document, thus it is not images but grouped native Scribus vector objects.

This sounds like a bug to me.

I'd suggest that you create a sample document showing this behavior (just one page would do), and upload it to a bug report at http://bugs.scribus.net (you will have to create an account).

Kunda

If the info you're working with is sensitive you can always post the bug as 'private' and the devs and some volunteers will only have access to it.

alanr1138

Thank you both for taking a look, I will file a bug report later today.

Bug report filed (private):
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13673

alanr1138

alanr1138

Built 1.5.1svn and all is good! (Once I found the 1.5.0 icon set, the 1.5.1 icons are invisible with a dark theme.)