Package options?

Previous topic - Next topic

nathbeadle

Hi There

Fairly new around here but just completed a 60 page full colour user guide for a new product line being launched in the new year using Scribus 1.4.5 (can't wait for the next stable as the document was SLOW to edit near the end... had to break it up into 5 smaller files). Grew up on InDesign and that is what brings me to my question:

Is there an option to package up a project at the end? This user guide brought in vectors, bitmaps, fonts from many places on my computer and I would like to put this final project into a folder with all assets. InDesign has this option, so wondering if Scribus does or if I have to go and manually copy all my assets and re-link them in the main document?

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything so my apologies if this is a duplicate question. Appreciate your help in this!!

utnik

hi nathbeadle

try 'file' → 'collect for output'.

utnik

GarryP

Just to add a little to utnik's answer, don't forget to check the "Include Fonts" box for any fonts that aren't being outlined (and "Include Colour Profiles" if you need them).

Also, once your user guide goes "live" you might want to add it to the "Success Stories" section of the Scribus Wiki http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Success_stories (and/or the "Showcase" section of this forum). If you don't want to add it to the Wiki yourself then another member of the community will probably volunteer to do it for you if you ask for assistance. The more success stories the better.

nathbeadle

Thank you both so much for your advice, it's exactly what I needed. It's been a great story of success moving to Scribus for our team so I'll consider the Success Stories idea!

You're a great community, looking forward to being more a part of it :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!