Get Started

Previous topic - Next topic

Ton Baars

Hello,

being new to Scribus I have opened the Get Started site and it talks about Scribus 2006, and then some of the screenshots are slightly different. Is that as it suppose to be? I also opened a new page and filled in the margins as requested and clicked entered too early. Opening Manage Page Properties gives me another window than I started with. This is all confusing, so am I doing something wrong?
Ton

utnik

hi ton

Quote from: Ton Baars on December 11, 2015, 01:54:51 PM...opened the Get Started site and it talks about Scribus 2006...

you're right. a big part of the online documentation is really outdated. (every user is invited to make the scribus wiki better and more up to date...)

Quote...Opening Manage Page Properties gives me another window than I started with. This is all confusing, so am I doing something wrong?

this is a bit strange, even for me as a scribus user for many years. but the 'automatic text frames' are the only part that you really have to define in the 'new document' window. all the other settings can be edited later – so it could be worse.

utnik

Ton Baars

Thanks for your reply, now at least I know I am on the right track, although still learning. I did find the Document Set Up which has yet another look, but at least has some extra features.

Ton

utnik

hi ton

Quote from: Ton Baars on December 12, 2015, 12:11:33 PMI did find the Document Set Up which has yet another look...

oooh, yes – i was on 'document setup'.
'manage page properties' is something different – these adjustments will affect the selected page only...

utnik