Question about the "paste recent" feature

Previous topic - Next topic

nibb

Hi folks,
I've just upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.5 - one of the features I used to really love was "paste recent" - great way of dropping common or recurring content into a document. I may be being dense, but I cannot see the feature on the menu (used to be under 'edit'?) in 1.5 - has it been revoked in the latest version?

best wishes and thanks in advance for any help

Update
Just noticed the scrapbook - is this a replacement for replace recent?

Nermander

The scrapbook has been there a long time, so it's not a replacement (but possibly a better way of doing what you want).

I have no idea if the "paste recent" has been removed or just hidden.

nibb

Absolutely correct Normander - and thanks for the reply.

I've been in IT for years, but my first job after graduating of paid work was DTP using the truly weird FrameMaker on a Sun Solaris box - so much of Scribus reminds me of this package (26 years ago) including the scrapbook.

Still haven't managed to find the Paste Recent command - but I am on the SVN release

thanks again

Kunda

Where are you looking for the 'paste recent' function in the UI ?

a.l.e

nibb, open the scrapbook ("windows > scrapbook").

in the lower part of the window you will see a tab "copied items": click on it!

... i think that scribus should stop it, with those accordion menus... they are not helpful.

nibb

Quote from: Kunda on October 07, 2015, 10:14:38 PM
Where are you looking for the 'paste recent' function in the UI ?

Hi there, on 1.4.5 its under the Edit menu and sub to the Paste menu item:

[attachment deleted by admin]

nibb

Quote from: a.l.e on October 08, 2015, 08:25:35 AM
nibb, open the scrapbook ("windows > scrapbook").

in the lower part of the window you will see a tab "copied items": click on it!

... i think that scribus should stop it, with those accordion menus... they are not helpful.

Hi there
I found the scrapbook thank you. - most useful. The accordion menu's can be frustrating, but perhaps not as much as the context-visible only menu's you get in some packages. UI design is always a toughie.
:D