Paragraph spacing

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofield

Hi there I am designing and writing a magazine using scribus and I was wondering how to change the paragraph spacing between two single lines in a body of text while keeping the rest if the text the same space apart. For example, I want to use a subheading, but I want it to be closer to the following paragraph than the preceding paragraph. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :D

utnik

hi rofield

you should use paragraph styles (f3):

• a style for the main text (with your normal space below the paragraph)
  • a style for the subheadline (could be based on the main style with changes for 'space below' and maybe with another font size, font weight...)
  • another one for the headlines...
the main text should be aligned with the baseline grid, so you're not absolutely free to deal with the spaces...
utnik

beaucoder

There's an easy way to set the spacing for just one (or more) paragraphs without using styles.

To change the space between just 2 paragraphs do:
    1. At the end of the above paragraph hold SHIFT down and press ENTER.
    2. This gets you just a new line. Put a single space in it.
    3. Highlight from the END of the TOP paragraph to the beginning of the LOWER paragraph. In properties reduce (or increase) the font size for the selected text. 
    4. In properties click on Auto Linespacing. You will see the spacing change.

That's it. HTH,

beaucoder (Ken in Sugar Creek, MO.)