convert a A4 project in A3 size

Previous topic - Next topic

aspasia

Hello everyone.

Today I have this problem.
I created a A4 project with scribus.  now I have been asked to do the same A4 project, but in A3 size.  Well, since A4 and A3 are proportional, I have been wandering....is there a way to say to scribus: "Convert to A3 from A4!", instead of enlarging each element of the project ?

Thank you for helping and sorry for my bad english ;) 

a.l.e

hi apsasia

there is no one size fit all solution for your problem.

the esiest thing to do is to resize the PDF on output.

in theory, the best solution is to recreate the file by moving the items from the A3 document to an A4 and resize each item (or group of items).
you can use the alt+ctrl(cmd) keys for scaling the content with the frame (does not always work in a reliable way, though... you have to try it out, if it helps in your case).
generally speaking, you will not layout the same elements in an A4 and in A3 document...

automatically resizing the whole document before exporting to pdf has in my little interest... it's easier and safer to resize the resulting pdf...

TexAgg

I use this to resize PDF when they are given to me in the wrong size and I can't edit the source.

https://docupub.com/pdfresize/

Most printers can also scale the image to fit the page.

brinerustle

I am a bit surprised there is no way to do this from within scribus. I am working with very large files, and cannot use one of the online pdf editors to resize the file.

a.l.e

well, just let your pdf reader rescale the document when printing...

utnik

hi brinerustle

Quote from: brinerustle on November 03, 2017, 10:22:22 AMI am working with very large files, and cannot use one of the online pdf editors to resize the file.

for simple .pdf manipulations i use jpdftweak.

utnik