document to center on opening

Previous topic - Next topic

mnawij

Every time I open a file it is hidden in the top left of the document window...is there anyway to make the document open within the center of the window?

Thanks,

mnawij

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi mnawij

there's no option to center the document in the window, but you could define some scratch space on the top and left of the document pages. ('preferences' → 'display')

utnik

mnawij

Thank you for your response, not the answer I was looking for..  When I add scratch space it messes up the larger documents, the main problem is when I am designing business cards and postcards...

mnawij

utnik

hi mnawij

you could build a template for business cards and/or for postcards and define some additional scratch space there...

utnik

mnawij

Thanks for the response utnik, I guess I have been spoiled by using inDesign which opens the document and focus' on the first page in it. In illustrator and photoshop, cntl/cmd 0 centers the document, do you know of a command in scribus that does this?

Thanks

mnawij

utnik

hi mnawij

Quote from: mnawij on August 21, 2015, 04:50:50 AM...In illustrator and photoshop, cntl/cmd 0 centers the document, do you know of a command in scribus that does this?

afaik tere's no such shortcut. (with cntl/cmd 0 scribus will scale the view to fit one page to the size of the window...)

utnik