Glyphs missing? Don't think so...

Previous topic - Next topic

Karela

Rather puzzling, when I export to pdf, I get several text boxes that are reported as having "glyphs missing". The only thing is, I can't see anything missing. What might I be looking for? I am mostly writing in French and English with some German and Italian terms, so I assumed it might be an unusual accent (ie not any of the standard French ones), but there don't seem to be any problems or missing letters.

I feel nervous ignoring a problem that Scribus obviously feels is important enough to warn me about, but don't see the problem.

Nermander

Quote from: Karela on June 11, 2015, 03:15:13 AM
I get several text boxes that are reported as having "glyphs missing".

From what program is that report?

Karela

Nermander

If it's Scribus then my guess is that there are characters in that text frame that does not have a glyph in the font used. You could try switching to a well known unicode font to see if it disappears.

If you have pasted text you might have gotten some non-breaking spaces or similar characters that do not show.

a.l.e

... mmm, one of your font might be missing the non breaking space, or the thin space... if you are using one of them...
or an accent is missing in a uppercased title and you don't notice...

it's hard to say, without having seen the document and the fonts...

ciao
a.l.e

Karela

Indeed, I was checking the wrong thing (accented letters). It looks like some of the formatting imported from the text documents that I was sent was not coming through, the control+enter, from the looks of it.

It displays in Scribus as a thin square, only visible when you magnify it quite a bit, but is not at all visible on the pdf, and also not at all in printing (which was why I couldn't figure out what was wrong). Now the true test, as it is at the printers (as opposed to the local copy place where I printed it out for the proofreading).