Looking for tutorial or free blank template for printing letter-size booklet

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisd2000

I am looking for tutorial or free blank template for printing booklet for printing on letter-sized paper w/each page being 8.5" x 11" but so far I have only found a tabloid-sized template but I have trouble figuring out how to change to the dimensions that I want. I'm using the latest version available for Linux which is v 1.4.3.

Nermander

For booklet printing, don't use Scribus. Use Scribus to create a PDF and the use another tool to make the booklet.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/PDF,_PostScript_and_Imposition_tools

Zyphon

As Nermander has said I use Scribus for creating a PDF then I use an excellent free tool Called 'Bookbinder' which then converts into a booklet format for me.

If you look at the link Nermander posted it is under the section 'Multiplatform' it is the 3rd option.
Kind regards,

Michael

mnawij

Hi ChrisD2000, imposition 101 setup for a book that is bound in the middle such as staples or on the left side such as wire-o.

1) Number of pages must be divisible by four (4).
2) Two pages side by side = 1 spread.
3) Always start page one (1) on the right side of the first spread.
4) Alternate odd page numbers right –> left going down the spreads starting with page 1 until you get to the last spread (middle of the book), then reverse the process with even numbers left –> right and go back up until the last page is opposite page 1.

20 page layout example:

20 | 01
02 | 19
18 | 03
04 | 17
16 | 05
06 | 15
14 | 07
08 | 13
12 | 09
10 | 11

Hope this helps. 8 page booklet layout attached to have a visual idea of what is happening.

mnawij

[attachment deleted by admin]