Adding links to a PDF

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryP

The instruction to "exclude non-ASCII characters" isn't particularly helpful.

The ASCII character set includes a lot of characters that a lot of file systems can't handle properly in filenames, e.g. ?, *, !, /, \, etc.

If you make sure your file name contains only western alphabet letters (either case) - a, B, c, etc. - arabic numerals - 1, 2, 3, etc. - hyphens and underscores (including the single "dot" before the file extension of course) then you shouldn't have any filename-specific problems.

This also means that you should avoid using spaces in filenames. Spaces can cause all kinds of problems when you move files between different file systems. (You get lots of %20% "garbage" in your file name.) Best to avoid them.

a.l.e

hi ged

a general suggestion from my side: please, when you talk about a problem try to be as specific as possible.

in the case of the filename it would be much simpler for you and helpful for us if you just would write the filename in your post.

if possible, at this time uploading somewhere a copy of the pdf would help people helping you!

have a wonderful day
a.l.e

Nermander

Ha HAS uploaded a copy of the PDF.

Quote from: Ged on March 23, 2015, 10:09:53 AM
If you want to check out what Im talking about, please go here, and scroll down to 'Experiment'.  Click on 'Experiment' - but no joy.  Click on 'Download' - fine and good.   :)

However you need to log in on Academia to be able to download it.

toyotadesigner

QuoteHowever you need to log in on Academia to be able to download it.

The modern world is full of unnecessary barriers...

Just get a DropBox account, it really makes life easier and is hassle free. Comes with 2 GB storage for free.

a.l.e

hi

correct, i've missed that link. sorry.

ciao
a.l.e

Ged

I added a filename and tried again but no luck.  Nevertheless, I still think my problem is in the pdf properties.   ???  Perhaps the fonts.  Something is strange because the properties mention fonts that I never used?

Quote from: toyotadesigner

Just get a DropBox account, it really makes life easier and is hassle free. Comes with 2 GB storage for free.

OK, Ive taken your advice and got 'dropbox'.  Here's the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tijyynwhvnbru0/atoneclockabstract.pdf?dl=0
My first 'puter was a 286,
My first dtp was Aldus Pagemaker,
My first printer was a Little Squirt,
My first car was a motorbike.

soni123

I tried with the mentioned process but problem is related to the link as it is resisting the hyperlink. I tried to attach the link in an essay outline template the problem continuously irritating me and I though that it is the problem of my pdf reader none other than this.