Shifting a line

Previous topic - Next topic

gio

Hello,

I try to do something that seems simple in appearance but don't know how with Scribus.
I just want that my paragraph, the first line is offset from the second (or the rest in general, but there is never more than 2 lines). But not shifted to the right, shifted to the left.
Or, expressed another way: my second line is shifted to the right.

Like that, quite simply:

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
       Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

I can not even do it with simple spaces !

Thank you in advance.  :)

utnik

hi gio

best practice will be to define a new paragraph style (f3).
under 'tabulators and indentation' you can set a value for the indentation (by adjusting the lower triangle on the rulers or by entering a value in the lowest field) and the the same value, but with a minus sign in the field for the indentation of the first line. (to keep the first line of every paragraph on the left border of the frame...)

utnik

gio

I already thought about it, but I think it doesn't work.
When I put a minus sign before the number for moving the first line, it automatically returns to zero. :'(

Did i missed something ?

utnik

Quote from: gio on March 17, 2015, 07:03:36 PMWhen I put a minus sign before the number for moving the first line, it automatically returns to zero.

usually it works without any problem. of course you can't set the first line more to the left than all the lines to the right! (set the general indentation value first...)

utnik

a.l.e

and if you're lazy, you can do it from the ruler

... it's not very exact, it takes some time to get through all the strange behaviors... but it might work :-)

for the styles, you have to take care to first set the left indent and then the first line indent...
it also needs some time to get used to, but works somehow ok....

gio

Quote from: a.l.e on March 17, 2015, 07:43:57 PMfor the styles, you have to take care to first set the left indent and then the first line indent...
THANK YOU !!! :P  :-*