Image deteriorated in PDF

Previous topic - Next topic

bcaulier

Hello,
I just realized a brochure with Scribus 1.4.5 under Windows7 with a PDF export for editing.
I find that the image containing gradients (creating Fireworks) exported PDF is dull and does not reflect the reality of the original image. Yet I have a resolution of 300dpi images.
The same document carries with OpenOffice 4.1.1 and exported to PDF does not degrade the image.

This is not problem screen because the printing of documents, the difference is clearly visible.
Here is the information Scribus in the image:
- Original Resolution: 300 x 300
- Current resolution: 300 x 300
- Color space: RGB
I checked in "Setting the record" and "Preferences" tab "Export to PDF"> color:
- Output is selected in "Printer"
- The "Convert spot colors to process colors" is not checked.
These settings are selected when exporting to PDF.
Also in "Setting the paper"> "Color Management", "Enable color management" is not checked.
------
See attached docs:
Original Image: http://www.accroche-choeur.fr/media/tmp/image-origine.jpg
export-pdf Scribus: http://www.accroche-choeur.fr/media/tmp/image-scribus.pdf
------
What PDF export setting should you use to optimize the image quality?
Thank you for your help.

Nermander

Quote from: bcaulier on March 17, 2015, 08:23:20 AM
I checked in "Setting the record" and "Preferences" tab "Export to PDF"> color:
- Output is selected in "Printer"

There's probably your error. "Printer" means CMYK PDF. Try "Screen/web" for an RGB PDF.

Marikus

I would try to enable "color management "in "Pictures" in the PDF-export dialog and make sure that the color profiles are correctly set. If you want your PDF for printing, your selected output "printer" is just right, if you want it for your screen, follow Nermanders advice.

utnik

Quote from: Marikus on May 17, 2015, 08:27:53 PMIf you want your PDF for printing, your selected output "printer" is just right...

this is probably wrong – most desktop printer drivers need rgb files. (color setting for 'screen/web')

utnik

Marikus

Yes, thats right. I was stuck in "offset printing" ;-)