Weird symbols in Scribus Colour Management drop-down

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkPunch

Hi!

I've just installed Scribus v 1.4.2 in Linux Mint 17.1 LTS (64-bit Cinnamon). Installed using Synaptic and unchanged repo list.

When I navigate to Preferences > Colour Management  and click on the 'RGB Image' dropdown list I get a few intelligible entries, but mostly a long list of gibberish. Please see the attached jpeg.

Opening Scribus from a terminal, opening an existing scribus document, and navigating to Colour management, making a change and applying it, I get the following messages in the terminal:

Desktop $ scribus
Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/scribus.png: File not found
Could not open file "/home/mjw/.scribus/downloads/scribus_spell_dicts.xml"

Is this a bug in Scribus? Or a permissions problem (I'm running Scribus as a non-root user)?

Can anyone help?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

What you see in that dropdown list is the names of installed color profiles. It has noting to do with the error you get.

Why those names look like they do, I have no idea. Might be a font issue, maybe a unicode issue?

SuburbanWorrier

Hi,

On running the same Scribus version as you under Xubuntu I get the same error and the same glyphs under the Colour Management System Profiles dropdown.
The Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/scribus.png: File not found
Could not open file "/home/matt/.scribus/downloads/scribus_spell_dicts.xml"

error appears when the Preferences dialogue opens.
Additionally I get (scribus:4050): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "8008"  obj:  QObject(0x0)  " invalid interface!"
when I Activate Colour Management and one line of QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "8008"  obj:  QObject(0x0)  " invalid interface!" for every highlight of a dropdown item.

As I don't normally run Scribus from the command line I've never noticed before.
I use Scribus as my sole DTP app day in day out so I wouldn't worry about it affecting your work.

HTH
Matt