Mac user new to Scribus has some kinks to work out

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryP

RGrahame, you can easily install 1.5svn by following the instructions at the bottom of this page: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/OS_X_-_Installing_Scribus_on_your_Mac_the_easy_way (Installing Development Version). It's got loads of new features that look very interesting.

In more general terms, technically - unless someone has forgotten something - the PKG and DMG on the "normal" download page on the wiki should contain the same current stable version. (I prefer to use the DMG as it's just a drag and drop install rather than messing around with dialogs.)

P.S. I remember the Apple Lisa blew me away when I first saw an import working at an exhibition. Black and white, but fabulous.

RGrahame

Sometimes we have to leave the familiar behind. My 'old' software won't run on an Intel Mac and is a huge cost to upgrade. So, I can certainly live with different; it just takes some getting used to.
MacBook Pro
OS X 10 Yosemite

jpek-m

I had big problems with my Mighty mouse, which uses its whole top area as scroll bar. When my finger touches the mouse, Scribus often thinks i am using the scroll bar, and the numbers run in the selector where my mouse happened to be in.

I found an easy solution, when I took my old mechanical wheel mouse from my drawer. It is not so beautiful, but i works!

PS. Thanks for many fine tips; I have worried quite a long time, why I can't adjust the space between text box and text. Now I can! (It is in Properties > Text > Columns and Text Distances)