Author Topic: Scribus UI/UX improvements  (Read 44145 times)

tim_occ

• Scribus User
Re: Scribus UI/UX improvements
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2017, 12:22:35 am »
Thanks Peter.

At this moment I have some more progress. I could fix the crash and finished the refactoring of the text palette. Furthermore I renamed the text palette into "content properties palette" because now this palette shows the related property settings of your selected object. For now it supports settings for text content and images. The image properties need some more adjustments.

Next big task will be the "frame properties palette".

regards
Martin

SirPL

• Scribus User
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2017, 12:25:01 am »
Hello Martin,

I really appreciate your work. I don't know if the layout of the text panel you presented has it's final form. If so, I have one remark:
The character section is quite... scattered. At first glance I had a problem with undestanding which form means what.

Please find an attachment for my proposition of a layout.

corebots

• Scribus User
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:58 am »
Very happy to see your updates Martin, thanks for all the work! I'm looking forward to see the other bits.  ;)

Is there a way to support you with something more than just saying thanks (donation/Patreon)?

tim_occ

• Scribus User
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2017, 04:42:45 pm »
Hi corebots,

thanks for your post. I think there are some ways to supporting me. Since I changed the UI I changed a lot of code as well. At this moment I'm not sure if all features are working as expected. So testing would be one option. But for now there is just the source code, no binaries. But I'm able to create binaries for Linux. ;)

I never though about donations... but I remember that I have a paypal.me link. If someone wants to make donations here is the link: https://www.paypal.me/martinreininger
BUT: donations are not required that I continue my work!

Thanks for supporting me.

regards,
Martin