Scribus UI/UX improvements

Previous topic - Next topic

a.l.e

there is a old tale that says that sleeping with headphones with a text in a foreign language will help you learn that language...

you could try to get your mac to speak out all the scribus source code while your sleeping and you might learn enough of the c++ language to become a scribus programmers...

dont' forget to tell us how it did work out!

cloudbusting

If only that were true!...and if I had a mac.

Kunda

tim_occ

Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on the new IndigoDock Widget. It's not done but I have some progress ;)

Features:
- the whole dock is dockable on left or right side of main window
- the dock contains a tabbar with sortable tabs
- within the single tabs you can add/remove/arrange single panels (more than one)

Issues:
- redocking of panels in another tab is a little bit tricky (but I'm on the fix)

ToDo's:
- fixing of redocking in other tabs
- automatic tab orientation switch by docking on left site
- automatic tab creation by drag a panel on it
- styling of the features

Code base:
- DockWidget is a normal QDockWidget
- IndigoTabWidget is a custom QTabWidget
- IndigoDockWidget is a custom QMainWindow (tab body)
- IndigoPanel is a custom QDockWidget

Hints:
If I have a stable version I will share the code. But you can check the test program in attachment. It's an Ubuntu programm and written in QT 5.5.

greets
Martin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kunda

Darn, I can't test it because I don't have Ubuntu Linux ATM. But I really want to install it and see this test program you have made!
Really excited. Thanks Martin!!!

Edit: meant Linux not just ubuntu

Kunda

Hey Martin, so I just ran it on an old Ubuntu version via VM.
I like it :)
I'd like to compile it in OSX when you're ready to share the source, lemme know!

a.l.e

hi tim

very nice to see how the work is proceeding!

if you need help for sharing the code, don't hesitate to ask! (and don't be ashamed to share unstable code :-)

tim_occ

Here you can find the unstable source code of first dock version.

https://github.com/nitramr/indigoDock

I couldn't fix the redocking issue yet. If you have an idea let me know. Maybe the standard widgets are not the best foundation of the new dock.

greets

a.l.e

a.l.e

nice: i could clone it and compile it!

well done!

Kunda

Quote from: a.l.e on October 31, 2015, 01:33:03 PM
nice: i could clone it and compile it!

well done!

Likewise. Got it to work on OSX 10.10

Here is how you run it:
1) Download QtCreator based on you OS and install via http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/
2) Clone the indigoDock repository to your local machine
3) Find and click on the TestLayout.pro which should invoke QtCreator
4) Build TestLayout by clicking on Build > Build Project "TestLayout"

jfl

Quote from: Kunda on October 28, 2015, 05:32:49 AM
Darn, I can't test it because I don't have Ubuntu ATM. But I really want to install it and see this test program you have made!
Really excited. Thanks Martin!!!
You don't need Ubuntu specifically. I could run the test program on openSUSE. Any Linux distribution with the needed libs should do.

Kunda

Thanks JFL, I meant Linux because till recently I didn't have VirtualBox up to date as I wasn't using it (I'm running OSX 10.10). Thanks for the refinement. I've taken care of it since then. Cheers!

Kunda

Thanks again for all the work on this!