Printing margins

Previous topic - Next topic

Retired-Robin

As a 70 year old complete newbie to Scribus I am finding my way round slowly but one thing is confusing me. I am printing to an Epson XP205 - 207 series, my document set-up preset layout is 6mm all round. Going to print, the preview shows all text exactly as the document but on printing, the top print margin is 18mm and fails to print the first couple of lines of text. What am I setting up incorrectly please?

Nermander

One rule of thumb with Scribus is: Never print directly from Scribus.

Instead export to a PDF and print from Adobe Reader.

Retired-Robin

Thank you I will take your advice but it still begs the question – why? Is there something inherently wrong with Scribus that needs addressing? When you just want a quick proof to check your work this seems a long winded way of going about it.
Thanks Robin

Nermander

It's more that it's not trivial to write a good printing system, the developers have focused on PDF creation since PDF creation is platform independent. Printing is differen under Linux, OS X and Windows, thus the printing system used depends on the operating system.

Also, by going the PDF way you can verify on screen with a PDF viewer (preferably Adobe Reader) that the document came out as intended. If a print directly from Scribus turns out "wrong", you can not know if you made an incorrect setting in Scribus or if the printer driver och printer itself is doing something wrong.

Retired-Robin

Hi, Having now done as you suggested, I have produced a few documents and it isn't really a problem saving to pdf and printing from there. Thanks for your reply