Cannot edit template document

Previous topic - Next topic

Trilobite

Hello!
I am trying to create a CD Jewel case folder with the http://www.xbloome.com/stuff/print/templates/scribus-CD_jewel_case-template.zip template. I have done a little work in scribus before, but never used a finished template. With this I cannot acess any frames, link text, link images or anything. Anyone knows how to open up the frames? I even tried to draw an image frame, but that disappeared as well - I couldn't link an image to it either.

utnik

hi trilobite

did you ever work with layers?
open the 'layers' window (f6) and select the layer with the elements you like to edit...

but be careful with this template! it's already 'imposed' (the pages are out of order for the layout work), and contains a lot of traps!
if you don't print it with your office printer:

• ask the printshop about cropmarks (most shops don't use them any more)
  • let them do the imposition work (set up a double page layout and keep the pages in natural order)
  • set the page size to the size of the booklet or the case inlay (for the booklet 121×110mm with 3mm bleeds or whatever the printshop tells you...)
some printshops have their own templates – usually not real scribus templates but .pdf files with all the information you need...
utnik

Trilobite