Bold words within a paragraph of non-bold text

Previous topic - Next topic

navguy12

I'm slowly learning the ropes with Scribus 1.4.4 on my windows 7 computer.

I'm quickly learning how to put our car club magazine together (long story).

Right now, I am looking at trying to "build" a page where one lists the members of the board, club officers, etc.

To emulate the current iteration of that page includes each persons name in bold, then contact info in normal.

Do I have to create a text box for each individual name (in bold) and then another text box for that persons contact info (in normal), or can I somehow tell the system to have certain words within a single text box as bold and the rest of the words in the same text box as normal?

Thanks

Cheers

Mike

Nermander

First one important point: In Scribus, "bold text" does not exist, to make text bold you have to change the font.

It is fully possible to change the font for just a word within a text frame, the best solution is to define a Character style for the bold text (because direct formatting is easily lost). It's been a while since I did it but if I recall correct you can apply a character style by selecting the text in edit mode (double click the frame and edit directly in the frame) and then hit F3 for styles, right click on the wanted style and choose Apply. It's not very intuitive! :)

navguy12

Nermander,

:D Thank you so much.

You are correct, it is not intuitive but works like a charm!

Thanks again,

Cheers

Mike

GarryP

An easier way to apply a character style is to us the "Style Settings" sub-tab in "Properties / Text".

While you're editing the text open this sub-tab - keeping it open while you're editing - and, with the relevant text selected, choose the style you want from the drop-down Character Style list.

I believe this is the "proper" way of doing it; it's certainly the easiest, to me at least.

navguy12

GerryP,

I stumbled onto your technique by chance and it works quite well.

Thanks

Cheers

Mike