10% of A0 size is Scribus is smaller than real A4

Previous topic - Next topic

Ooker

In real life, an A4 paper is smaller 24=16 times compared to an A0, or 6.25% of A0 size. When I start a new document in Scribus with the size A0 and set the zoom to 10%, in theory it should be larger than an A4. In reality, it is like an A7. Can you explain what's happened?

I attach the file in below. Here is my screen shot:

Related post: 100% view is not 100%?
Thank you so much.

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi ooker

Quote from: Ooker on November 06, 2014, 01:52:36 PMIn real life, an A4 paper is smaller 24=16 times compared to an A0, or 6.25% of A0 size.
agreed!

QuoteWhen I start a new document in Scribus with the size A0 and set the zoom to 10%, in theory it should be larger than an A0.
why? when i scale something to 10%, i would never expect it to be larger as the original size... – ???

QuoteIn reality, it is like an A7. Can you explain what's happened?
a7 should be an a0 format scaled by something between 8 and 9%.

maybe i didn't catch the meaning of your question...

utnik

Ooker

oops, I'm so sloppy. I mean when you scale it to 6.25%, the size in the screen should equivalent to a real A4 size.

samps

Are you talking about putting a ruler to the screen and measuring the size of the displayed 'page'? If so, that would very much depend on the size of your monitor, the display settings and the number of pixels per inch that the monitor shows.

Ooker

Since I find that this weirdness is reproduced in other programs, I have asked this question on Super User. In short:
QuoteIf you need "actual" size on the screen, you would have to play with the zoom setting. Start with 100% zoom. If it isn't accurate, adjust the zoom setting until it matches an actual ruler.

utnik

hi ooker

Quote from: Ooker on November 06, 2014, 07:55:26 PMwhen you scale it to 6.25%, the size in the screen should equivalent to a real A4 size.
now i see your point – and what you're mixing up.
scaling to 50% will shrink a line to half its length. but for an area it will be a quarter.
if you scale your a0 to 25%, the result is an a4 (if the screen resolution is set to the actual value...)

utnik

Ooker

Quotescaling to 50% will shrink a line to half its length. but for an area it will be a quarter.
Ah, I see. Magic math :D. Thank you utnik :D