Can I disable the warning on the Content Clear text option?

Previous topic - Next topic

Yobunny

Hello you clever people! I hope you can help me - I really need to be able to disable the warning on the Content Clear text option, as it is very annoying to have to click yes for every box I clear. I've searched through the settings/preferences and cannot find any way to turn off the warnings. I've also searched the WiKi and the forum and can't find if it can be done. Can anyone please help, before I go completely bonkers?  :'( Thanks! Anne

Using Scribus 1.4.4 on Windows 7 64-bit version.

Nermander

I don't think it's possible without recompiling Scribus.

May I ask why you need to clear a lot of frames? There may be better ways to do what you are trying to do.

Yobunny

Thanks for your reply, it's a shame I can't disable them... .

I edit a parish magazine, and I carry one month over to the next and clear the text on the regular columns and then put the new month's text in. It'd be so much easier if I could do away with those warnings. I suppose I could create a template instead, but I found that tends to lose all the image links... I may be doing something wrong, of course!  ;D

Likewise the warning which tells me I don't have Ghostscript installed. I know I don't have it, I don't need it. A box that I can tick to say don't show this message again would be welcome, as the constant reminders are unnecessary and irritating.

Is it not possible to have the warnings optional as in much other software?

utnik

hi yobunny

Quote from: Yobunny on October 28, 2014, 03:55:04 AMI suppose I could create a template instead, but I found that tends to lose all the image links... I may be doing something wrong, of course!

just delete all the text (and other things you don't need any more) and save it as a template – scribus will include the images.

QuoteLikewise the warning which tells me I don't have Ghostscript installed. I know I don't have it, I don't need it...

...Is it not possible to have the warnings optional as in much other software?

at least for the gs warning there's some change in the pipeline. as you can read in the bug tracker.

Nermander

Links to images will be lost if you move a document without moving the images.

But if you save the template as a real Scribus template ("Save as template" from the File menu) they will not be lost. Then you can start each new issue by using New from template.

Another way might be to open the template document and use the Collect for output feature instead of Save as when saving a copy. This will however create a subfolder with extra copies of the images used.

Yobunny

Thanks for the ideas, both of you, I'll re-consider how I'm doing the magazine and see how it goes. :)